We return to individual competition this Saturday night when the PBR Australia Monster Energy Tour returns to the Brisbane Entertainment Center for the fifth instalment of Last Cowboy Standing.
Last Cowboy Standing will be contested over three rounds with riders not only matched up against the bulls but also against other riders in a bracket-style format. The cowboy with the highest score or ride time in each matchup proceeds through to the next round.
Last Cowboy Standing Event Format
- 28 riders will face off against their opponent in Round 1.
- The 14 winning riders plus the 2 losers riders with the highest scores/times in Round 1 will progress to Round 2.
- The 8 winning riders from Round 2 will then progress to the Championship Round.
- The rider with the highest ride score in the Championship Round will be crowned PBR Australia’s Last Cowboy Standing.
- Points towards the PBR Australian National Standings will be awarded to the winner and placegetters of the event aggregate leaderboard.
Cliff Richardson will be aiming to defend his title after he was crowned our Last Cowboy Standing in 2018 thanks to a perfect performance where his three bull, 260-point total was also enough to take out the aggregate buckle. The Gresford cowboy finished sixth this past weekend at PBR Origin.
The 2017 Last Cowboy Standing Kurt Shephard is the only other past champion in the field. The Atherton bull rider will be hoping to keep the ball rolling after an excellent third-place finish at the PBR Origin in Sydney last weekend.
Check back later in the week as we take a look at each of the Round 1 matchups, plus look at some of the possible second-round matchups.