The 2020 PBR Australia season kicks off this weekend with the 2019 Tamworth Iron Cowboy.
The event will be held on Saturday, 23 November, with the action set to kick off at 7:30 pm AEDT (6:30 pm AEST) inside the AELEC Arena.
It will be broadcast live on RidePass.
In the 2018 edition, it was Justin Paton (Nebo, QLD) who was crowned Iron Cowboy after he posted 88-points aboard POA Palooka from Dittmann Bucking Bulls in the Championship Round.
Cliff Richardson (Gresford, NSW) took the aggregate win, with Aaron Kleier (Clermont, QLD) and Justin Paton (Nebo, QLD) also finishing 3-for-3.
When the event was held in Townsville, Troy Wilkinson (Upper Horton, NSW) was crowned the inaugural champion in 2016. A year later in 2017, it was Aaron Kleier who took the win.
Event Format and Points Available
Iron Cowboy pits riders against one another in a bracket-style competition with the objective of either achieving the highest-scored qualified ride in the matchup or staying on the bull the longest to advance.
- 28 riders will face off against their opponent in Round 1.
- The 14 winning riders plus the 2 losing riders with the highest scores/times in Round 1 will progress to Round 2.
- The 8 winning riders from Round 2 will then progress to the Championship Round.
- The rider with the highest ride score in the Championship Round will be crowned the 2019 Tamworth Iron Cowboy.
- Event and Round Points towards the 2020 PBR Australian National Standings will be awarded on the aggregate standings.
As per regular Monster Energy Tour events, there will be 100 points available in each of the three rounds with the aggregate winner taking home a further 400 points.
Check back tomorrow for my full preview of every Round 1 matchup at the 2019 Tamworth Iron Cowboy, plus a look ahead into the second long-round in the Daysheet Breakdown.
I will be providing updates in the Ride the Rage Score Center from 6 pm AEST on Saturday or check back on Sunday for my wrap-up.